New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Surgical knot tying
This is a really nice demonstration of some of the basic surgical knots. It is slowed down so that it is much easier to follow than the vast majority of videos on YouTube and I think it is a nice video
Help by adding tags...
- Dysphagia Ben Savage
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
- This image demonstrates a fracture of the scaphoid bone. Fractures of the scaphoid are clinically important decause the blood supply enters the bone distally and then moves proximally. If the blood...
Rectal Examination: An Intimate Feeling
- Tommy demonstrates how to perform a rectal examination to other undergraduates.
Basic Examination of the Hands
- Guide to examining hands during inspection, by the clinical skills tutors at the University of Liverpool
Ed Gavagan: A story about knots and surgeons
- One day, Ed Gavagan was sitting on the subway, watching two young med students practicing their knots. And a powerful memory washed over him -- of one shocking moment that changed his life forever....
The Surgery Rotation
- University of Pennsylvania Medical School Spoof 2004 video about the surgery clerkship. In part because of this video, and in part because of too many students failing the shelf (final exam), the c...