New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Vascular access in ill neonates who present to the ED can be challenging. Umbilical vein catheterization can be a life-saving option. The umbilical vein remains patent and viable for cannulation until approximately 1 week after birth.
Help by adding tags...
Ventricular septal defect
- An ventricular septal defect is a hole between the two ventricles of the heart. Normally this hole is present at birth but closes within a few days of life. ...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Atrial septal defect
- An atrial septal defect is a hole between the two atriums of the heart. Normally this hole is present at birth but closes within a few days of life. Failure ...
Umbilical vein catheterization
- Prepare for USMLE,UK,CANADIAN,AUSTRALIAN, NURSING & OTHER MEDICAL BOARD examinations around the globe with us.Understand the basics, concepts and how to answ...
Newborn video script
- We do this examination just after birth, prior to discharge from hospital and atregular intervals throughout the first few months of life. Initial examination of the newborn should be done as soon ...
Sudden Maternal Collapse
- SUDDEN MATERNAL COLLAPSE Max Brinsmead PhD FRANZCOG July 2011 INTRODUCTION Rare but serious (life threatening) 14 600 per 100,000 births Once every 8 weeks in ... – A free PowerPoint PPT...
- The Resuscitation Guidelines contain detailed information about basic and advanced life support for adults, paediatrics and the newborn.