New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Hay fever: Do allergies change over time?
From asthma to shellfish allergies, hay fever may be just the start of a cascade of related conditions. What's more, we could become more susceptible with age
Help by adding tags...
Epigenetic study highlights drug targets for allergies and asthma
- Scientists have discovered over 30 new genes that predispose people to allergies and asthma, some of which could be targets for new drugs.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
New genes discovered associated with asthma and allergies
- Researchers have identified over 30 new genes that give people a predisposition towards asthma and allergies. These genes may provide new targets for these conditions.
Hay fever: Can airborne allergies be cured?
- It's time to retrain the immune system. From hanging out in cowsheds to overexposure to the culprit – here are some ways that hay fever could be beaten
Hay fever: What happens when an allergy kicks in?
- Allergens can get right up your nose, causing symptoms like sneezing and itchy eyes – and it's all down to your own immune system overreacting
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
- Spectrum of antimicrobials