New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Swine Flu, Bird Flu And Pandemic Vaccination
As the world prepares for what may be the next pandemic strain of influenza virus, in the H7N9 bird flu, a new UC Irvine study reveals that the 2009 H1N1 swine flu pandemic was deadliest for...
Help by adding tags...
Moving toward eradication of H5N1 bird flu
- A University of Adelaide-led project has developed a new test that can distinguish between birds that have been vaccinated against the H5N1 strain of avian influenza virus or 'bird flu' with...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Vaccination against H5N1 flu virus generates broadly reactive antibodies
- Vaccine researchers have developed a strategy aimed at generating broadly cross-reactive antibodies against the influenza virus: embrace the unfamiliar.
Positive results for BiondVax in a study demonstrating the effectiveness of the vaccination against a new class of deadly bird flu viruses
- BiondVax Pharmaceuticals Ltd, developer of a universal flu vaccine, has announced successful completion of studies in mice that validated the effectiveness of the company's vaccine against an...
'Swine flu' pandemic: new analysis conflicts with accepted views on how diseases spread
- New analysis of the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in the US shows that the pandemic wave was surprisingly slow, and that its spread was likely accelerated by school-age childrenThe most...
Study Identifies Influenza Viruses Circulating In Pigs And Birds That Could Pose A Risk To Humans
- In the summer of 1968, a new strain of influenza appeared in Hong Kong. This strain, known as H3N2, spread around the globe and eventually killed an estimated 1 million people.
UK vaccine damage scheme must pay £120 000 to boy who developed narcolepsy after swine flu vaccination
- A 12 year old boy who developed narcolepsy and cataplexy after being vaccinated against swine flu at age 7 has been awarded £120 000 (€165 000; $186 000) in compensation, in a ruling that opens the...