New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
New transitional stem cells discovered - may help advance research on pre-eclampsia
Pre-eclampsia is a disease that affects 5 to 8 percent of pregnancies in America.
Help by adding tags...
Hypertension in pregnancy & Pre-eclampsia
- A comprehensive summary on the effects of elevated blood pressure during pregnancy and pre-eclampsia.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Potential cause of preeclampsia may share links with disorders such as Alzheimer's
- New research has identified a potential cause of and a better diagnostic method for preeclampsia, one of the most deadly and poorly understood pregnancy-related conditions in the world.
Intestinal gas could be used to diagnose diseases
- Microbes in the human body are estimated to outnumber human cells by 10 to 1, yet research on how they affect health is still in its infancy.
- Preeclampsia can appear at any time during pregnancy, delivery and up to six weeks post-partum, though it most frequently occurs in the final trimester and resolves within 48 hours of delivery. Pre...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.