New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
The hippocampus likely mediates cognitive decline in Huntington's disease
Huntington's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that results in involuntary spastic movement and loss of control of voluntary motor function.
Help by adding tags...
- Huntington’s disease – HD - (aka Huntington’s chorea, named after George Huntington ) is an autosomal dominant disorder that shows full penetrance. Treatment is supportive only Epidemiology...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Huntington's Disease - The Naked Scientists
- Naked Scientists - 21st Apr 2014 - Huntington's Disease
Study finds major vascular anomalies in the brains of people with Huntington's disease
- An international study led by researchers from Université Laval and CHU de Québec-Université Laval has identified significant vascular changes in the brains of people with Huntington's...
Genetic discovery may help determine effectiveness of Huntington's disease treatments
- A new genetic discovery in the field of Huntington's disease (HD) could mean a more effective way in determining severity of this neurological disease when using specific treatments.
Synthetic oil drug may bring promise for Huntington's disease
- An early study suggests that a synthetic triglyceride oil called triheptanoin may provide hope for people with Huntington's disease.
Major factor in development of Huntington's disease uncovered
- Scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have uncovered a major contributor to Huntington's disease, a devastating progressive neurological condition that...