New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Link between food allergy development and skin exposure
Food allergies are on the rise in the U.S. and other developed countries. In patients, food allergies appear as a variety of symptoms, ranging from mild skin inflammation to severe...
Help by adding tags...
- A short, 16-slide presentation on the topic of immunologically-mediated food allergies, both IgE and call mediated types. Covers the epidemiology, aetiology, pathophysiology, presentation, his...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
Boy Gets Food Allergies from Blood Transfusion
- A boy with no previous allergies suddenly found himself allergic to nuts and fish after receiving a blood transfusion for a medical condition.
Food allergy: a burden carried by more than 17 million Europeans
- With more than 17 million of Europeans suffering from allergies1, food allergy is one of the most common allergic diseases.
A new ultrasensitive test for peanut allergies
- Current peanut allergy tests are not very reliable when it comes to diagnosing the severity of an individual's allergic reaction, which can range from hives to life-threatening anaphylactic...
Four more genes identified in severe food allergy
- In eosinophilic esophagitis, new targets emerge for potential treatmentsScientists have identified four new genes associated with the severe food allergy eosinophilic...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...