New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Managing Fibromyalgia: A Guide For Physicians
Fibromyalgia, now recognized as a true health syndrome with origins in the central nervous system, has seen many recent evolutions regarding its diagnosis and management which should instil new...
Help by adding tags...
Recognising and treating fibromyalgia
- In this podcast Anisur Rahman, professor of rheumatology at University College London, joins us to discuss diagnosis and management of the condition.
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
Fibromyalgia linked to decreased brain connectivity
- The causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. Now a new study finds people with the chronic pain condition have decreased connectivity between pain regions and other parts of the brain.
Study finds evidence of nerve damage in around half of fibromyalgia patients
- About half of a small group of patients with fibromyalgia - a common syndrome that causes chronic pain and other symptoms - was found to have damage to nerve fibers in their skin and other...
Potential for a faster, simpler diagnosis for fibromyalgia using a finger-stick blood sample
- Researchers have developed a reliable way to use a finger-stick blood sample to detect fibromyalgia syndrome, a complicated pain disorder that often is difficult to diagnose.
Fibromyalgia Treatment: New Canadian Guidelines
- Physicians from the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and the University of Calgary have published a review article in the CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal) to help family...
Important Evidence Supporting Fibromyalgia As A Spectrum Disorder
- Researchers have determined that fibromyalgia prevalence is 2.1% of the general population in Germany.