New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Brain study shows dyslexia impacts mathematical processing
In the first known study of its kind, researchers have identified brain activity that links dyslexia to difficulty with math.
Help by adding tags...
A brain system that appears to compensate for autism, OCD, and dyslexia
- Individuals with five neurodevelopmental disorders -- autism spectrum disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Tourette syndrome, dyslexia, and Specific Language Impairment -- appear to...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
Does 'dyslexia' disable teachers?
- Different labels for difficulties with reading have been found to be associated with varying beliefs in how effective teachers believe they can be.
Less brain tissue not to blame for reading difficulties in dyslexia
- In people with dyslexia, less gray matter in the brain has been linked to reading disabilities, but now new evidence suggests this is a consequence of poorer reading experiences and not the root...
Broca's area is the brain's script writer where words take shape, study finds
- Tracking the flow of speech through the brain, researchers find Broca's area is...
Silvia Paracchini: Dyslexia and Genetics - Nuffield Department of Medicine
- Dr Silvia Paracchini aims to indentify the genetic components of dyslexia and understand the underlying biology. Other disorders such as Specific Language Impairment or Attention Deficit Hyperactiv...