New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
3-D printing guides human face transplants
Researchers are using computed tomography (CT) and 3-D printing technology to recreate life-size models of patients' heads to assist in face transplantation surgery, according to a study...
Help by adding tags...
Risk of infecting surgery patients with CJD not taken seriously, say MPs
- Ministers accused of complacency over hospital safeguards to prevent contamination of instruments with human form of BSE
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
For facial transplantation patients, blink assessment is essential
- Face transplantation can dramatically enhance a patient's quality of life after severe facial trauma, but lack of attention to eyelid function and vision can leave patients with impaired...
Novel simulation model improves training experience for cardiothoracic surgeons
- A new surgical training model that simulates patient bleeding is providing cardiothoracic surgery residents with 'real-life' experience without compromising patient safety, according to an...
Slightly Better Surgery Outcomes When Residents Scrub in
- Having residents scrub in on cases does not endanger patients, a new analysis of U.S. surgery data concludes.
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.