New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Study examines blood test to screen for fatal variant creutzfeldt-jakob disease
A blood test accurately screened for infection with the agent responsible for variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD), a fatal neurological disease.
Help by adding tags...
Infectious prion protein discovered in urine of patients with variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- The misfolded and infectious prion protein that is a marker for variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease - linked to the consumption of infected cattle meat - has been detected in the urine of patients...
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.
1 in 2,000 British people may carry 'mad cow' disease
- A new survey has found that 1 in every 2,000 people in the UK may carry variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) proteins, more commonly known as “mad cow” disease.
Recent US Case of Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease—Global Implications: Abstract and Introduction
- Abstract and Introduction: A new US case of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease highlights the importance of continued global surveillance and awareness to prevent further dissemination of this disease.
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials