New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Can caffeine be used to treat or prevent Alzheimer's disease?
The proposed link between caffeine and reductions in the beta amyloid plaque accumulation characteristic of Alzheimer's disease (AD) suggest a possible role for caffeine in AD treatment.
Help by adding tags...
- An overview of Alzheimer's Disease
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Beta secretase inhibitors to treat Alzheimer's disease
- A note of caution from a new study in Biological PsychiatryWith each new amyloid-targeting treatment for Alzheimer's disease that has been developed, there has...
Experts criticise 'inaccurate' view that B Vitamins have no role in Alzheimer's disease prevention
- Patients in the very early stages of dementia could miss out on a potentially effective treatment after misleading research was published last year, say medical experts.
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…