New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
'Fewer allergies among children in dishwasher-free homes'
Supporting the much-discussed 'hygiene hypothesis,' a new study suggests that children in families without dishwashers are significantly less prone to allergies and eczema.
Help by adding tags...
Is it true that the number of people with allergies is increasing?
- I heard that more people are being diagnosed with alleges, such as nut allergies. Is there any really understanding of why this is?
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Food allergies can be transmitted from blood products to children in rare cases
- In rare cases, children can develop anaphylactic allergies to previously tolerated foods after receiving blood products via transfusion, report the authors of a case study published in...
Coeliac disease rate among young children has almost tripled in past 20 years
- The number of young children diagnosed with coeliac disease in the UK has almost tripled over the past 20 years, but kids from poorer families are only half as likely to be diagnosed with the...
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.