New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
A new ultrasensitive test for peanut allergies
Current peanut allergy tests are not very reliable when it comes to diagnosing the severity of an individual's allergic reaction, which can range from hives to life-threatening anaphylactic...
Help by adding tags...
- A short, 16-slide presentation on the topic of immunologically-mediated food allergies, both IgE and call mediated types. Covers the epidemiology, aetiology, pathophysiology, presentation, his...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
- Allergy – Inappropriate immune response to normally harmless allergen. Allergen – Foreign particles which produce an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction in sensitive individuals.
Boy Gets Food Allergies from Blood Transfusion
- A boy with no previous allergies suddenly found himself allergic to nuts and fish after receiving a blood transfusion for a medical condition.
Food allergy: a burden carried by more than 17 million Europeans
- With more than 17 million of Europeans suffering from allergies1, food allergy is one of the most common allergic diseases.
Four more genes identified in severe food allergy
- In eosinophilic esophagitis, new targets emerge for potential treatmentsScientists have identified four new genes associated with the severe food allergy eosinophilic...
Link between food allergy development and skin exposure
- Food allergies are on the rise in the U.S. and other developed countries. In patients, food allergies appear as a variety of symptoms, ranging from mild skin inflammation to severe...