New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Jump to comments
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 6 - Diaphragm and Pleura)
Help by adding tags...
A review of how to diagnose a pneumothorax, various forms of pleural effusion, other forms of pleural disease, and pneumoperitoneum. A differential diagnosis...
Shared on Monday 12th May 2014
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 9 - Atelectasis, Lines, Tubes, Devices, and Surgeries)
- A summary of how to identify atelectasis (including lobar collapse), identify various lines, tubes, and devices (including proper placement, and complication...
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 8 - Focal Lung Processes)
- A discussion of how to identify, localize, and describe pneumonia, as well as pulmonary nodules and lung cavities. Signs of a pulmonary embolism are reviewed...
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 7 - Diffuse Lung Processes)
- An explanation of alveolar vs. interstitial opacities, including cardiogenic and non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema, and the 3 types of interstitial patterns (r...
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 4 - Airways, Bones, and Soft Tissues)
- An overview of how to assess the airways, bones, and soft tissues on chest X-ray, including the important etiologies of common radiographic abnormalities. Vi...
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 5 - Cardiac Silhouette and Mediastinum)
- A review of cardiomegaly, left atrial and right ventricular enlargement, mediastinal masses, and hilar enlargement. Video includes the following images (amon...
How to Interpret a Chest X-Ray (Lesson 3 - Assessing Technical Quality)
- A discussion of how to assess the technical quality of a chest x-ray, including assessment of rotation, adequacy of inspiration, and adequacy of exposure/pen...