New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Neurosurgeons Successfully Implant 3D Printed Skull
A 22-year-old woman from the Netherlands suffering from chronic bone disorder had increased thickness of the skull from 1.5cm to 5cm, causing reduced eyesight and severe headaches.
Help by adding tags...
- Anatomy tutorial for medical students covering joints, bones and foramena of the skull - 16 mins
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Woman gets 3D printed skull
- a team of Dutch brain surgeons replaced bulk of a woman's skull with 3D printed dome; 22-yr-old patient suffered from rare condition that caused her skull to thicken, increasing the pressure on her...
Watch a woman get a 3D-printed skull
- When a Dutch woman with a rare condition needed a new skull, surgeons 3D-printed one for her and put it on her brain like a cap.
The Skull Bones - Cranial foramina and contents
- Here I cover the foramina (aka holes) in the skull and review what goes through them. Hopefully you find this to be helpful, and please remember to check wit...
Bone-loss score may tip off doctors to gum disease in postmenopausal women
- Postmenopausal women susceptible to bone fractures may also be a higher risk for gum disease, according to researchers at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine and...
Definition of Mineral and Bone Disorder in Hemodialysis
- Find out more about identifying hemodialysis patients with mineral and bone disorder who have a higher risk of adverse clinical events.
Innovative Model Improves Care for Patients With Bone Mets
- A new model that partners radiation oncology with palliative care led to better results for patients with advanced cancer and bone metastases.