New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
India may be free of polio – but the disease hasn't been eradicated yet | Archie Panjabi
Archie Panjabi: My work in the field tells me what a historic moment this is. If we relax our guard, though, polio could rebound with a vengeance
Help by adding tags...
After eradication: India’s post-polio problem
- What of India’s forgotten survivors and the debilitating post-polio syndrome that can return decades later? Neena Bhandari reports
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
WHO declares polio a public health emergency
- The World Health Organization has declared the spread of polio a global public health emergency, which, if left unchecked, could derail efforts to eradicate the disease.1
Eradicating polio one step at a time - BBC News
- BBC Monitoring's Vikas Pandey meets India's "polio aunties" to see how they are keeping the country free from the disease.
Tracking Progress Toward Polio Eradication — Worldwide, 2013–2014
Polio: Vaccinated British man shed virus for 30 years - BBC News
- A man with an immune system disorder has spread polio for nearly 30 years, despite having been vaccinated, British scientists have found.
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!