New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Concentration of Urine
Physiology lecture discussing the counter-current mechanism for concentration of urine via development of a hypertonic medullary interstitium at the hairpin turn of the loop of Henle.
Help by adding tags...
Renal Physiology (cont.)
- Professor Saltzman continues his description of nephron anatomy, and the specific role of each part of the nephron in establishing concentration gradients to help in secretion and reabsorption of w...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
- Professor Saltzman introduces the basic concepts of renal physiology. Professor Saltzman first introduces the function and anatomy of the kidney. Special attention is given to the cell types and st...
Renal Physiology Lecture 1 Part 1
- Body Fluid Compartments Lecture 1 Part 1
Nephrology - Kidney Physiology Overview
- http://www.facebook.com/ArmandoHasudungan Image: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Ss3-wJfHrpblZXR0JiVGRkR2M/edit?usp=sharing
An Introduction to the Physiology of the Renal System
- Physiology lecture introducing the six major functions of the kidneys, including: excretion, regulation of volume status, regulation of electrolytes and acid/base balance, secretion of erythropoeti...
Renal Physiology: Review of Anatomy of the Kidney
- Physiology lecture, reviewing the anatomy of the kidney including an introduction to the structure of the nephron.