New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
A video tutorial with a mini case format outlining the basic science behind calcium regulation and the pathophysiology of hypocalcaemia.
Help by adding tags...
- Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia including the definition, causes, clinical features, and practical management.
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
Hyperkalaemia - Part Two (Clinical)
- Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia. This is a second part tutorial and covers the aetiology (including medication and mineralocorticoid related causes), diagnosis and treatment.
Hyperkalaemia - Part One (Physiology)
- Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia. This is a first part tutorial and covers the physiology (including cellular handling and renal excretion) followed by pathophysiology.
- A video tutorial outlining hyponatraemia covering the definitions, clinical features, aetiology, relevant investigations and management with a final focus on the syndrome of inappropriate antidiure...
A Short Presentation on Hypercalcaemia
- A simple presentation based on a real life case study. Covers the role of calcium, calcium homeostasis, hyercalcaemia & hyperparathyroidism.
Why does hypocalcaemia cause tetany?
- I have never understood why hypocalcaemia causes tetany. Could someone help me with this please?