New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia including the definition, causes, clinical features, and practical management.
Help by adding tags...
- Hyperkalemia is a very common and potentially dangerous electrolyte disorder that commonly occurs in ICU patients.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Hyperkalaemia - Part Two (Clinical)
- Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia. This is a second part tutorial and covers the aetiology (including medication and mineralocorticoid related causes), diagnosis and treatment.
Hyperkalaemia - Part One (Physiology)
- Video tutorial on hyperkalaemia. This is a first part tutorial and covers the physiology (including cellular handling and renal excretion) followed by pathophysiology.
- A video tutorial with a mini case format outlining the basic science behind calcium regulation and the pathophysiology of hypocalcaemia.
Treatment of hyperkalemia in the ED
- One of the listeners requested an episode on the treatment of hyperkalemia in the ED.