New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Physiology of Insulin and Glucagon
Help by adding tags...
A description of the competing roles of insulin and glycogen, including their effects on glucose homeostasis, and other metabolic hormones (e.g. GLP1, GIP, c...
Shared on Thursday 29th October 2015
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Start automatically tracking your CPD
Get access to our
Find out more
Insulin and Glucagon Overview
- Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ArmandoHasudungan
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Physiology of the pancreatic α-cell and glucagon secretion: role in glucose homeostasis and diabetes
- The secretion of glucagon by pancreatic α-cells plays a critical role in the regulation of glycaemia. This hormone counteracts hypoglycaemia and opposes insulin actions by s...
Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology: Crash Course A&P #1
- You can directly support Crash Course at http://www.subbable.com/crashcourse Subscribe for as little as $0 to keep up with everything we're doing. Also, if y...
Thyroid hormone differential
- As with all of the pituitary axises, the thyroid one is a little confusing when people talk about it but really quite simple when it’s drawn out.
Thyroid Hormone Synthesis
- Thyroid hormone synthesis is a complex process involving both intracellular and extracellular components. This 7 min, 43 s video utilizes custom-designed ani...