New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Treatment, Not Error, Is Biggest Risk to Elderly
Most of the harm comes from medication injuries, and antibiotics are the biggest cause of those. AAFP's president-elect says New Zealand data have global implications.
Help by adding tags...
Omega 3 supplements do not reduce cardiovascular risk in elderly
- Commentators have said that more trials on the effects of omega 3 fatty acid supplements “seem unjustified” after another study found that their use was not associated with a reduced risk of cardio...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Persistent depression doubles stroke risk despite treatment, study finds
- Persistent depression is associated with twice the risk of stroke in adults over 50, a study reported in the Journal of the American Heart Association has shown.
Delay in Treatment Intensification Increases CV Risk in T2D
- Waiting to intensify glucose lowering treatment in type 2 diabetics may be associated with an increased risk of macrovascular events.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals