New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pathophysiologic Response to Burns in the Elderly
A paper exploring the high morbidity and mortality rates in elderly patients suffering burns (with statistical analysis).
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Jean O Neill
Posted about 5 years ago
A fascinating article on the management of burns in the elderly population. Open Access at the moment, I'll review in a few weeks and update if that's changed
Geriatric Survival Handbook by Brian Christopher Misiaszek, MD
- http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/medicine/geriatric/docs/Geriatric_Handbook08.pdf : This link leads to the Geriatric Survival Handbook by Brian Christopher Misiaszek, MD, FRCPS (C) Assistant Professor ...
Immune System Flowchart
- This has been designed to show how the different components of the immune system develop individually and work together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent way to demonstrate this an...
Link to John Hopkins reading resources - REHABILITATION
A Guide to Prevention
- Recommended preventive services, other preventive services to consider, preventive services not indicated in older adults, delivery of preventive services and references.
A Guide to Dementia
- Epidemiology & societal impact, genetic and other risk factors, differential diagnosis of dementia assessment methods, agitation, treatment & management and references.
- Prevalence & impact, pathophysiology, clinical types, assessment of urinary incontinence management & references.
Start of a new regular feature called #CheekyBugger
- I'm an anaesthetist and use a checklist and no cricoid pressure in trauma #DontTellMinh pic.twitter.com/eAt9MNUxlP— Geoff Healy (@drgeoffhealy) August 24, 2015 //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js