New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Change in paracetamol advice for new meningitis vaccine
Nurses delivering a new vaccine protecting against meningitis should encourage parents to give their children paracetamol following immunisation, due to increased risk of fever.
Help by adding tags...
Consequences of missing meningitis or septicaemia on first presentation to ED – Don't Forget the Bubbles
- Every paediatric doctor has a fear of sending home a young, septic child. We constantly review our practice and guidelines on how to identify the septic child amongst the thousands of febrile two-y...
- Spectrum of antimicrobials
WHO | Africa risks large meningitis outbreak
- With Africa at risk of a large meningitis outbreak, an acute shortage of meningitis C-containing vaccine threatens to severely limit the world’s ability to minimize the number of people affected,...
Data suggest low vaccine exemption rates, but more granular data are needed
- Parents of children in kindergarten in general are seeking exemptions from vaccination requirements for 1.7% of this population.
Meningitis jab: 'infant paracetamol will help baby avoid fever'
- Meningitis B vaccine campaign launched by Public Health England with advice to parents to give babies analgesic to ward off high temperatures after jab
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals