New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Nightmare scenario - waking up under anaesthesia - BBC News
In this week's Scrubbing Up, Jennifer Hunter, emeritus professor of anaesthesia, says more could be done to protect people "going under".
Help by adding tags...
The ability of bispectal index to detect intra-operative wakefulness during total intravenous anaesthesia compared with the isolated forearm technique
- Review of journal paper.
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
Call to end vaccine 'nightmare' - BBC News
- The need to keep child vaccines cold is hampering immunisation campaigns around the world, a charity warns.
CODE BROWN: COMBATIVE AND BLEEDING
- I’ve had combative patients in my ER lots of times. Combative enough to warrant sedation or anaesthesia. And bleeding patients. Serious bleeding. Lots of times. But not the extremes of both at the ...
Anaesthesia UK : Paediatric fluids
Removal of the laryngeal mask airway after surgery while under general anaesthesia (early removal) or after regaining consciousness (late removal) | Cochrane
- We undertook this Cochrane review to compare the safety of early removal of the laryngeal mask airway (LMA) versus late removal, in people undergoing general anaesthesia.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...