New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Imaging Case of the Week 163
The following lateral neck x-ray is from a 40 year old with fever, sore throat and difficulty swallowing. What can be seen?
Help by adding tags...
Flow Chart - Managing a sore throat
- A practical flowchart for managing a sore throat from an ENT SHO's perspective.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Imaging Case of the Week 149 Answer
- The chest x-ray shows pleural plaques more prominent on the right midzone, in the shape of a leaf. This is called the Holly leaf sign, seen in asbestosis. The bizarre plaques are bordered by calcif...
Imaging Case of the Week 148
- These chest x-rays are from a 21 year old presenting with a fever, cough and dyspnoea. He has no past medical illness and he is not an intravenous drug user. What can be discerned from the images?
Lab Case 57
- A 19 year old girl presents with a sore throat and feeling generally unwell. She has difficulty swallowing. On examination – her tonsils are enlarged and inflamed.
Imaging Case of the Week 163 Answer
- The lateral neck x-ray has two findings. The epiglottis appears enlarged with a positive thumbprint sign. There also appears to be a widened prevertebral soft tissue space anterior to C3-C4. The pr...