New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Carla Faraco

Importantes

No Description
211 items · Last updated Tuesday 27th June 2017

Abdominal Ultrasound tutorial

A tutorial about how to read an abdominal ultrasound video. Produced to give medical students just a better idea of what to expect.  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 12 years ago
8427b6094ecbbd1eee25567a7d6f2c0eaf7b6c057472140640150228

Dermatology Atlas

Pictures of dermatological conditions on the undergraduate syllabus including acute and chronic wounds, eczema, psoriasis and more.  
Sarah Wood
over 12 years ago
Preview

Gout Presentation

Summary of aetiology, presentation, investigations and treatment of Gout.  
Katie Dumble
over 12 years ago
Preview

Lung cancer diagnosis

This slideshow gives a good summary of the diagnosis of lung cancer.  
Sarah Goodall
over 12 years ago
Img0

Acute Abdominal Pain in Children

This tutorial covers the key facts in a child presenting with acute abdominal pain.  
Mr Raymond Buick
about 12 years ago
Preview

Respiratory examination

Video produced by St Georges University outlining the respiratory examination.  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 11 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Gland Examination

Examination of the Thyroid Gland produced by St Georges University  
Dr Alastair Buick
over 11 years ago
Preview

Psych Revision

Psychiatry Revision Paul Baillie  
Paul Baillie
over 11 years ago

Abdominal Examination Video

In this video Mr Jon Lund demonstrates how to examine the abdomen.  
Rhys Clement
over 11 years ago

Hypercalcemia

A potentiallylife-threatening electrolyte problem that commonly finds its way into the ICU as well as on exams.  
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
over 10 years ago

Interview with Dr. David Djang: The Role of PET Scans in Oncology (Video)

This interview by medical oncologist Dr. Jack West of Dr. David Djang, nuclear medicine expert in Seattle, covers the general principles and clinical utility of PET scans in lung cancer and other aspects of oncology.  
Howard (Jack) West, MD
over 10 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
about 10 years ago
Preview

A Student's Guide to ECG Interpretation

This guide aims to provide a systematic way with which to interpret and present ECGs. Core topics in the medical school curriculum are covered.  
Richard McKearney
about 10 years ago

Cardiovascular Examination OSCE guide

This is a guide to performing a cardiovascular examination in the context of an OSCE exam. It was created by a group of medical students for the free revision website www.geekymedics.com where you can find a written guide to accompany the video. The way in which this examination is carried out varies greatly between individuals & institutions therefore this should be used as a rough framework which you can personalise to suit your own style.  
Lewis Potter
about 10 years ago
Preview

Bus Bites- Cardiac Arrhythmias

This is one of a series of podcasts which I made with bus journey's in mind. They last no longer than 12minutes and deal with 'traditionally difficult' topics in a 'bite-sized' manner suitable for revision. They are short, sweet and designed to help the busy medical student save time and fit their revision in around their crazy lifestyles! They are animated powerpoint slides with an audio voice over.  
Charlotte Alisa Clifford
about 10 years ago
B1a0e1bda3a04f627d0269e8fbeb244e8cd92add4385933131168971

Approach to the Cardiovascular Examination

This presentation describes the basic cardiovascular examination. It is suitable for students in their early clinical years but may also be appropriate for students in their final year as revision for their OSCEs or students returning to clinical medicine.  
Carly Welch
almost 10 years ago