New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Kim O'Hare

Medicine

No Description
7 items · Last updated Thursday 2nd July 2015
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
almost 10 years ago

Jaundice

This video tutorial on jaundice outlines normal liver function, an approach to jaundice (including pre-hepatic, hepatic and post-hepatic causes), followed by some clinical cases.  
Podmedics
over 9 years ago

Liver Failure

Video tutorial on liver failure, outlining acute liver disease including hepatitis, fulminant/decompensated liver disease followed by a discussion on chronic liver disease.  
Podmedics
over 9 years ago

Liver pathology 1

Video tutorial outlining the basic anatomy and physiology of the liver followed by a summary of acute and chronic liver disease, hepatic failure and cirrhosis.  
Podmedics
over 9 years ago

Upper GI Bleed

Video tutorial outlining the causes, clinical features and management of a patient with an upper gastrointestinal bleed. Additional discussion on patient prognosis based on the Rockall score.  
Podmedics
over 9 years ago

Fluid Prescribing

A video tutorial on fluid balance. This tutorial includes basic biochemistry and physiology of electrolytes followed by an outline of clinical conditions such as hypovolaemia, hypervolaemia, hypocalcaemia, hypercalcaemia and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone hypersecretion (SIADH).  
Podmedics
over 9 years ago
89d3670b52fd41cb9ef93065e272c0253b444e45848740847958096

Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral

An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!  
mohammed
almost 6 years ago