New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Jaskiran Kaur

Neuro

No Description
20 items · Last updated Monday 2nd May 2016
Preview

Pain

This is a presentation on the physiology of pain, the path pathways and the modulation of pain.  
Nithish Jayakumar
about 10 years ago

Neuro Drugs

A little video to help with remembering all of those difficult neuro drugs.  
Yasin Fatine
about 10 years ago
Preview

Personality disorders, Eating disorders and Addictions

Revision of these psychiatric conditions.  
Aoibhin McGarrity
over 8 years ago
Preview

Overview of Cranial Nerve Examinations

Guide for beginning a cranial exam by the clinical skills tutors at the University of Liverpool  
Mary
over 8 years ago
Preview

Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and interpreting lumbar puncture

A short presentation on the anatomy of CSF circulation and lumbar puncture interpretation.  
Phil Byass
over 8 years ago
Preview

Psychiatry Presentation

This is a powerpoint presentation I created on Psychiatry recently. All information is taken from NICE guidelines and MIMs guides. If any information is incorrect let me know! Pictures are from google. This was a bit of a slog to make truth be told and it is a LONG presentation, but I feel most of the information that is relevant to sitting final written exams is in there. I hope it helps!  
Conrad Hayes
almost 8 years ago
Preview

An Introduction to Pain [Nociceptors]

Hand drawn tutorial on Nociceptors.  
YouTube
about 7 years ago
Preview

Histology Guide | Nerves

The axons of many neurons are insulated by a myelin sheath, which increases the rate at which an axon can conduct an action potential.  
histology.leeds.ac.uk
over 5 years ago
Preview

An introduction to pain pathways and mechanisms [Feb 2012]

Dr Danielle Reddi is a Pain Research Fellow and Speciality Registrar in Anaesthesia at University College London Hospital, London, NW1 2BU, Dr Natasha Curran is Consultant in Pain and Anaesthesia, UCLH and Dr Robert Stephens is Consultant in Anaesthesia, UCLH.  
ucl.ac.uk
over 5 years ago
Preview

Median and Ulnar Lesions in the Hand

This short video is meant to help clear up the common clinical signs of median and ulnar nerve lesions - the "Hand of Benediction" and the "Claw Hand."  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Visual Field Defects

Visual Field Defects, Site of Lesions and Causes.  
40.media.tumblr.com
over 5 years ago
C6cbf2aa613ba888c068f12ce2fb26d6f7bd7a126567023181159732

Vertebral Subluxation and Nerve Chart

Your spinal column or ‘backbone’ is made up of 24 vertebrae: seven in your neck (cervical spine), 12 in your midback (thoracic spine) and 5 in your lower back (lumbar spine). Your spinal cord, made up of billions of nerves, lies inside your spinal column, protected on all sides by bone. Your spinal cordís nerves branch out through openings between your vertebrae and connect to your internal organs, muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and other body parts. This connection is vital for your well-being. The vertebral subluxation complex, an often painless spinal distortion, can irritate or damage your spinal nerves, interfere with your brain-body connection and affect your spine, nerves, discs, muscles, organs and overall health. Doctors of chiropractic specialize in the detection and correction of the vertebral subluxation complex – restoring the lines of communication within your body and improving your overall body function, healing potential and well-being. Source: http://www.mercerislandchiropractic.com/your-spinal-column-nervous-system/  
Nicole Chalmers
over 5 years ago
Preview

Coronal Section of Brain ( simplified)

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Brainstem Anatomy | Midsagittal Section

This video is overview of the Midbrain, Cerebellum, Pons and Medulla Oblongata in a midsagittal section.  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Tumors of the Central Nervous System - CRASH! Medical Review Series

*Erratum (24:18): Meningioma is associated w/ NF-2, not NF-1. (Disclaimer: The medical information contained herein is intended for physician medical licensi...  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Cerebellum Anatomy and Physiology

Clinical anatomy and physiology or cerebellum  
slideshare.net
over 5 years ago
4881f4fd75ffc3850d0a9068b019eb17b0ae151a19689488001537392

Nervous System and Impulse Conduction

Take a look at this detailed illustration of the nervous system.  
Fatima Zahra Tahraoui
over 5 years ago
E8db3ce3a45862455dbabfe67d5b005b68eb888311600580966717111

Pain and the Anterolateral System in 2 Minutes

In my 2-Minute Neuroscience videos I simplistically explain neuroscience topics in 2 minutes or less. In this video, I discuss pain and the anterolateral sys...  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago